Some secrets should be lost to the veil of time...
A group of dangerous space pirates have hidden in the abandoned Neoterica Research Facility, built into the side of a huge asteroid. The facility is very dangerous, the home of many fearsome monsters and failed experiments. Valuable relics and technology exist in the facility but most adventurers are too scared to even try and enter it.
You are Nix, the only bounty hunter tenacious enough to enter the facility and take down the pirates. Use your special abilities as a Caniden to make your way deep into the facility, capture the pirates, and discover the secrets of The Paradox Relic!
- A cast of colorful anthropomorphic animal characters to meet, and deadly space pirates to track down and defeat.
- Explore the abandoned Neoterica Research Facility, with many unique environments, dangers, valuable artifacts, and secrets.
Access new areas as your abilities grow.
- Piece together the mystery of what happened to the facility as you speak to friendly characters, read computer terminals,
and discover lost technological artifacts.
- An array of unlockable abilities that increase your combat skills and allow you to access new areas.
- A roster of deadly monsters to fight.
- 7 intense and hand-crafted boss battles!
- Flash based saving! (For the cartridge version) No worries about losing your save due to a dead save battery.
(Saving compatible with emulators that support it, or skip the save points and use emulator save states.)
- An alternate ending for determined explorers!
- General-audience friendly. Designed with the same standards a real NES game would have faced in the approval process.
- Alternate rom versions:
- Everdrive: Increased hardware and emulator compatibility traded for in-game saving disabled. (Emulator save states still work).
-No Flash: Modified version of the rom that is safer to play if you may experience seizures from flashing/pulsing lights. Replaces possible triggers with static images.
This game is provided as a ROM file in the .nes format. It will not run as an independent EXE. To play the game, you will need a mapper 30 compatible NES emulator. I personally recommend MESEN, FCEUX, or Retroarch as they emulate the game most accurately.
- Nix: The Paradox Relic DEMO ROM file.
$10.00 or more:
- Nix: The Paradox Relic ROM filePlayable with any NES emulator that supports mapper 30
(Tested with MESEN, FCEUX, and Retroarch)
- NES style PDF manual with additional watercolor and copic illustrations
- Concept art pack - A folder with various pieces of art created during the games development.
- Original Game Soundtrack (14 chiptune tracks)
- Dustin Huddleston - Game Design, Programming, Character design, Pixel art, Soundtrack, Story.
- Jamie Huddleston - Concept Art and Debugging.
- Joe Granato - NESMaker Game engine
- NESMaker Community:
Special thanks to all my friends in the Nesmaker community for their guidance and support during the games development.